- Accounting Manager, Assistant Controller, Automotive, Office Manager
Roswell, New Mexico, United States
Our client seeking an experienced Dealership Office Manager with strong accounting and management experience. Automotive industry experience a MUST! This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced accounting professional who wants to push their career to the next level.
This position consults and works under the Controller and in close cooperation with the General and Department Managers at the dealership to identify operational opportunities and implement revenue generating and cost saving initiatives.
If you are a proven leader, excellent trainer, and are confident in your ability to deliver results, this is the opportunity for you!
Our Dealership Office Manager will be responsible for ensuring all store transactions are processed accurately and timely.
To be successful in this position, you must be well-versed in all facets of accounting, cost control, collections, and margin expansion and financial controls. You must possess proven leadership and coaching abilities with a focus on communication and customer relations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or commensurate experience
• Two years of experience in an office/administrative management position
• Solid working knowledge of accounting office functions, accounts receivable, accounts payable, financial statements, and collections
• Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
• Ensure policies/procedures are followed
• MUST have a can-do, positive, helpful, encouraging attitude!!
Essential / Primary Duties:
· Motivate, Train and assist clerical and accounting personnel.
· Supervise performance of daily accounting tasks to ensure proper and timely recording of all accounting transactions.
· Prepare daily contracts in transit review for possible accounting errors and investigate out of line or aged conditions.
· Assist all accounting personnel in solving problems and be prepared to answer questions related to proper completion of daily tasks. Monitor deal flow between F&I office and billing clerks and investigate as required.
· Review accounting schedules weekly to ensure proper maintenance by assigned clerical personnel.
· Reconcile finance reserve payments and investigate discrepancies as required and report errors and adjustments to F&I personnel.
· Maintain and follow up on aged rebates and incentives not paid.
· Process Insurance and Service Contract cancellations and follow up on refunds from appropriate sources.
· Post Internal RO’s and PT’s on a daily basis verifying accuracy of internal service and parts rates.
· Post all “non-parts” factory billings and credits verifying the accuracy and proper accounting classification after securing required approvals.
· Monthly reconciliation of factory statements from all manufactures.
· Answer questions from department Manager and other personnel on accounting issues as required.
· Back-up and fill in as required for absent business office employees or vacant desks.
· Prepare cash disbursements (pay direct items) as needed after properly approved documentation is presented.
· Process monthly billings from vendors for Service Contracts, Maintenance, Gap, and other insurance products.
· Assist with month-end closing activities, monthly work paper preparation, standard entries, etc.
· Assist with other reporting requirements as requested by Controller and Chief Financial Officer.
· Schedules responsible for: New Vehicle Inventory Used Vehicle Inventory Loaner Inventory A/R Extended Warranty A/R schedules (Wholesales, Finance Reserve) Incentives/Rebates Holdback/Trans CIT Tax, TTL, VIT Lien Payoffs A/P Schedules
· Prepare payroll on a timely basis, post payroll, and maintain payroll records. Prepare tax reports, make tax deposits, prepare and submit tax returns in a timely, accurate manner.
· Ensure compliance with all government regulations. Stay informed of current factory factory incentives; monitor vehicle sales for accuracy.
• Prior dealership Office Management experience a plus, but willing to train the right person
• 3-5 years accounting experience/ Dealer Built Experience a Plus!
• Strong willingness to adhere to established policies/procedures, and hold others accountable.
• Proficient in typing and 10-key
• Knowledgeable in Excel, Word, Outlook and ADP
• Dynamic and technology-savvy
Our team members enjoy a positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement from within the organization.
Our team members also enjoy a comprehensive benefits program including:
Medical, Employee discounts on vehicle purchases, parts and service Paid-time-off
Comprehensive employee recognition programs.
Continued training through the manufacturer.
Opportunities for career advancement.
When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits.
Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. We reserve the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
We Would Love To Talk With You!
Apply By Clicking The "Apply Now" Button