Body Shop Collision Technician - Knoxville TN - Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
- Job Type:Full Time
- Category:Auto Collision Center,Auto Technician,Automotive,Body Shop,Body Shop Technician
- Salary: $50000 - $100000 Per Year
- Job Location: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Automotive Body Shop Collision Technician
The Body Shop Repair Technician is responsible for repairing all assigned vehicles. Damaged vehicles should be restored to pre-accident condition, following the written repair order. The Body Technician plays a key role in delivering on our Collision promise of speed, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Repair Planning: Approaches repair planning with a sense of urgency and detail to avoid waste and rework later in the process. De-trims and disassembles vehicles, putting parts on parts carts. Performs pre-pulls to make repair vs. replace decisions.
- Parts Procurement: Assists in identifying and sourcing parts as necessary. Uses good judgment in determining when damaged parts can be safely repaired for cost and cycle-time savings. Helps maintain parts/materials carts in an organized manner.
- Team Engagement & Problem-Solving: Knows status of own vehicles and is open to others’ feedback on getting and keeping vehicles on schedule for on-time delivery. Helps problem-solve on vehicles assigned to other team members.
- Vehicle Repair: Performs quality repairs without passing on defects. Meets or exceeds the Collision Center's requirements for productivity as measured by hours per day for each repair order. Follows all quality control processes and meets the return rate target.
- Safe & Organized Workplace: Consistently utilizes all required safety equipment and follows proper repair procedures. Adheres to all requirements for hazardous waste disposal. Keeps personal work area organized and returns tools, materials and equipment to designated areas.
- Knowledge of manufacturers’ repair processes & adherence to our collision technical repair processes.
- Ability to use frame and measuring equipment per vendor procedures.
- Must maintain a valid state driver’s license in order to drive any customer or company vehicle.
- ASE and/or I-CAR certification in body repairs.
- Demonstrated commitment to continued learning
- Pro Level training and other industry-required training.
- Welding certificate preferred.
- Predictable and reliable attendance required.
- Periodic lifting and carrying objects over 50 pounds.
- Reaching above and below shoulder level.
- Able to push materials/parts carts and push cars (with assistance).
- Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping to complete or inspect repairs.
- Manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination to operate equipment.
- May be exposed to repetitive tasks involving hand and arm motion.
- May be required to inspect vehicles outdoors in inclement weather.
- May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, high levels of dust and noise in repair center.
- Must be able to wear protective equipment, including respirator.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screens
Our team members enjoy a positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training.
Our team members also enjoy a comprehensive benefits program including:
Medical, Employee discounts Paid-time-off
Comprehensive employee recognition programs.
When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits.
Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. We reserve the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
We Would Love To Talk With You!
Apply By Clicking The "Apply Now" Button